Bonds eTrading Business Analyst - ION – Investment Banking
An Award-Winning Investment Bank in the City of London are looking for a Bonds eTrading Business Analyst . This will be for an initial 6-month contract paying £555 PAYE or £745 via an umbrella
The Role Responsibilities
• The E-trading team work with the Credit, EUGV and UST businesses with trading desks based in Paris, London, New York and Hong Kong.
• We work closely with the support, ION Infrastructure and in-house dev teams covering front office technology
• The platform is based on ION infrastructure with MMI 136, PXE, Refdata and market connectivity integrated with an in-house system called Jetstream.
• This role is an opportunity to be part a large multi-asset eTrading trading system team that is distributed between Paris and London. The successful candidate is expected to:
o Have an awareness of the overall eTrading business strategy and carry out day-to-day work in a manner that achieves those overarching goals
o Provide eTrading subject matter expertise with particular emphasis on pricing Fixed Income instruments
o Understand data quality frameworks and ability to document and describe data flows between Front Office and downstream applications.
o Work closely with the in-house Jetstream development team. Writing Specifications and assisting with the testing and deployment of the monthly releases
• Able to participate in detailed discussions related to feature decomposition and technical design
• Assist in producing good business and functional requirement documents that are of the appropriate level of detail for the audience concerned
• Build, manage and maintain relationships with global and regional teams across the bank (including front office, product development, infrastructure, support and test functions).
• Provide coordination and project management to ensure successful delivery of projects
• Act as an intermediary between business stakeholders and the development team
• Assist in the requirement gathering with a multitude of stakeholders from different disciplines within the bank and of different levels of seniority
• Have the knowledge and confidence to apply critical thinking to make the necessary decisions to progress the project. And at the same time, understand the limits of their responsibility & expertise and know when to solicit decisions from other members of the project (business or technology)
• Help rollout features to business users post go-live
Our Ideal Candidate
• Several years of experience working with the ION platform.
• Degree level educating in a relevant discipline
• Fixed Income Orders and lifecycle knowledge
• Experience of working as a technical BA in front office in the investment banking industry
• Experience working on multiple Bonds eTrading systems