REED Accountancy are delighted to be working with a superb law firm who are located in Newcastle. They are looking for a legal Accounts Assistant to join their accounts team. This is an exciting opportunity to provide vital support to their busy firm. You will be responsible for daily and monthly accounting processes alongside credit control. You will be communicating with clients via telephone on a daily basis so excellent client care and communication skills are essential. Our accounts team includes our Accounts Manager, Accounts Executive and a Legal Accounts Assistant.
Experience of working in a law firm is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided. Due to the confidential nature of the work discretion is essential. It can be a fast paced environment so attention to detail and organisation skills are crucial.
- Entering and reconciling financial transactions including daily and month end procedures.
- Supporting Billing and Credit Control process, both private and legal aid.
- Processing property completions
- Handling Legal Aid billing including making submissions and processing payments.
- Working closely with the Accounts Manager to provide a full internal accounting process.
- Carrying out other administrative tasks to support the efficient running of the accounts department.
- Participating in departmental meetings.
You must have the necessary personal qualities to ensure that you can carry out the duties outlined above. No specific academic qualifications are a necessary pre-requisite, but you must be numerate, organised, have good IT skills and be committed to high administrative standards.