REED Accountancy are currently recruiting for a LIVE role to start ASAP in Colchester.
Working Part time, this post is for TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY ONLY. 21 HOURS PER WEEK.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of running a busy accounts office including accounts payable, cash book, control account reconciliations, nominal ledger management, payroll preparation, statutory returns, filing, administration assistance, and providing cover for the finance manager as required.
1. To assist the Finance Manager in running an efficient office
2. To provide cover for the Finance manager as required
Finance and Accountancy
1. Entering invoices for payment, using the purchase ledger
2. Preparing invoices for weekly payment and preparing BACS payments for authorisation by Finance Manager
3. Posting invoices and expenses to the Nominal Ledger Maintaining purchase ledger
4. Purchase ordering
5. Reconciling school shop accounts system to nominal ledger
6. Reconciling credit card statements
7. Maintaining the cash book, processing payments and reconciling cash book entries with nominal ledger and bank statements
8. Maintaining the nominal ledger
9. Payroll and payroll reconciliations
10. Running end of month and end of year routines
11. Reconciling all balance sheet control accounts and ensuring that any outstanding items are explained
12. Maintaining schedules of fixed assets and loans
13. Assistance in gathering departmental budgets and entering onto the accounts software
The successful candidate is likely to fit the following profile:
Has strong payroll experience
Has excellent IT skills – in a full range of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
Be thorough and methodical, with a high attention to detail
Be enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated
Has the ability to work under pressure, using own initiative
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
The appointment is part-time for 21 hours per week. Hours of work are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am. to 4.30pm. with half an hour unpaid lunch break. Additional hours may be required from time to time. Holiday entitlement will be 25 days paid holiday per year. As a part time employee holiday entitlement will be pro rata to days of work.
Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
AAT / Payroll training desirable.
This position is subject to Enhanced CRB checks