Official: Education, Research and Learning Section – Dublin 1
A temporary vacancy for an official has arisen in the Education and Research Section with our client, based in Dublin 1.
This fixed-term position for a year, beginning in January 2023 arises as a result of a career break in the Education Research and Learning Section. The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic team in Head Office committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. While initial duties will be in the Education, Research and Learning section, flexibility is a key requirement and the capacity to work across all sections of the office is essential.
Also desirable is competency in the Irish language, both oral and written.
SALARY: €62,984 - €77,384
* Great benefits on offer
* 35 hours per week
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of our policy and assisting in the development of services to members
- Maintaining a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of education issues
- Responding to members’ education related queries via telephone, email and correspondence
- Representing and liaising on behalf of members with the Department of Education and Skills, school management authorities and other external bodies
- Supporting the Central Executive Committee (CEC) and the Education Committee (EDC) in their work at branch and district level
- Undertaking research and preparing documentation for publication and presentation.
- Delivering training and professional development at branch and district level
- Initiating, progressing, designing and organising professional learning and training activities for members, both face-to-face and online
- Supporting the work of the National Education Committee
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of key education developments, including developments in inclusion, special education and professional learning to advise senior management and CEC
A minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience
An appropriate third level qualification
An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of current issues in education.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
An up-to-date proficiency in ICT with an emphasis on Excel and data management
A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
High standards of research, writing and presentation skills
An ability to adapt quickly to different demands to provide a quality service to individuals and groups of members
A results-driven approach
A willingness to participate in CPD