Are you an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor with the ability to lead a team and focus on continuous improvement?
This is great role with an extremely attractive salary for the right candidate. It is a Monday-Friday role with flexibility around start and finish times eg 8-4.30pm or 9-5.30pm.
The Materials Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Materials Department. This newly created position will be responsible for the master planning, scheduling and expediting of jobs/orders in the plant. In addition, they will support the Department Manager to plan and execute the overall goals of the department including planning, purchasing and product definition.
About the role
- Develop short and long-range capacity plans and daily production schedules in line with Department goals and metrics.
- Oversee the use of the Production scheduling tools to ensure accurate promise dates are provided to Sales/Customers.
- Continuously improve strategic planning processes involving forecasting, demand management, and Kanban methods.
- Responsible for all aspects of people management of direct reports in line with company policies, procedures and values.
- Expedites customer orders when necessary and notifies sales of the expected delivery dates.
- Review standard product inventory levels (min/max) and coordinate replenishment as required.
- Acts as Materials Lead for all ISO/TS16949/AS9100, Customer and other compliance audits.
- Chair planning, capacity and inventory review meetings to ensure that timely decisions are made regarding scheduling, work prioritisation and inventory disposition as required.
- Degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years' progressive materials/planning/purchasing experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment
- Excellent IT & Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the Materials team along with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Well-organized, high attention to detail, and able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
- People management skills & experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills essential.
- At least 3 years working with an ERP system (Preferably Oracle).