LOGISTICS MANAGER - Dublin 15
REED Recruitment has a great new role with our Client – an Agri business based in Dublin West. We are looking for a Logistics Manager to run a busy machinery despatch department, managing a team of 5.
Duties in the role:
- Full logistics responsibilities for machinery goods in and out.
- Managing and liaising with couriers and haulage companies ensuring we are getting the best rates at all times.
- Full responsibility for deciding how goods are delivered to our Dealers on a daily basis.
- Arranging collection of goods from the ports to us.
- Liaising with Service and Parts department on goods in and out ensuring excellent communication at all times.
- Managing the delivery of machines to Dealer open days and events around the country ensuing things go smoothing especially on the return trip.
- Managing your team, ensuring excellent communication at all times while also building moral.
- HR Admin to include, staff inductions, training, staff reviews and disciplinaries when required.
- Adhere to company guidelines and practices as outlined in employee contract and handbook, leading by example and ensuring your team do the same.
- Managing suppliers order to include queries on deliveries.
- Controlling machinery and kits ensuring they are accounted for at all times- carrying out regular checks if required.
- Supporting the despatch team, answering Dealers calls and supporting the sales team when required.
Proven track record of working in a busy seasonal logistics environment.
Experience managing a small to medium team
Skills to motivate and get the most out of the team while managing them effectively
Confident using IT systems, scanners etc.
Proficient in Ms Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
CRM MS Dynamics or MS NAV experience would be an advantage