REED Accountancy has a fantastic vacancy with our Client based in Dublin 15. They are a market leader in their field and they are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team to look after the finance operation for both Dublin and Belfast. Reporting into the Financial Controller.
* Salary: €55 - €60 (contributory pension is included)
** Travel to Belfast 2 - 3 times per month
To review and improve the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all Finance and IT processes and their outputs (including system changes if necessary).
To help develop the company strategy, and to review all areas of profitability and suggest ways to improve it.
Reviewing and developing Finance and IT procedures as necessary including; month end processes, contractual and legal requirements, and Internal Control mechanisms in accordance with Bill 198 and to ensure best practice is followed.
Continued development of management information as required by the Leadership Team.
Production and review of the monthly management accounts in accordance with Group requirements and timescales.
Review of all balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Assistance with year end audit.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years relevant PQE.
- Ability to communicate at different levels across the business.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work to strict, time-pressured deadlines.
- Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Change management skills to ensure department processes are challenged and reviewed.
- Previous payroll experience.
- Experience of VAT for both UK and ROI and MTD submissions.