The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, responsive and flexible team, committed to achieving objectives especially in the area of service to members. This is a position which involves significant responsibility in relation to Professional Development and Trade Union Training functions.
* Event Management experience is essential
Duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of and participation in the work of the Learning team
- Working closely with the Learning Senior Official to strategically plan and develop a schedule of events for the calendar year
- Managing and organising as part of a team, the delivery of the annual online summer programme including managing helpdesks for both participants and summer course tutors
- Coordinating and managing the administration and organisation of various officer, 2-day training events nationwide
- Coordinating and managing the organisation of the annual conference – a 3-day event catering for approximately 900 delegates and guests
- Working closely and building good working relationships with conference venues and hotels throughout the country preparing and submitting contributions to e-newsletters, CEC Reports, Intouch Magazine and the updating of Learning web pages
- Working closely with the Communications Team to promote and advertise all schedules and events planned by Learning
- Overall responsibility for the administration and coordination of summer programme tutors, including selection process and training
- Managing in a courteous, friendly and confidential manner queries from members on professional development and trade union training
- Maintaining effective administrative systems in the Learning Section
- Contributing to weekly team meetings where information and updates on current issues are shared
- Setting up and managing online registration for various webinars and training events offered to members
- Active involvement in and overseeing the maintenance of the Learning section of the website and ensuring that information is accurate and reliable, and is updated as necessary.
- Such other duties in the Learning section of Education, Research and Learning, or elsewhere within Head Office, as the General Secretary may decide.
The successful candidate, should have appropriate relevant experience and the following key competencies:
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and to be part of an innovative team
- Excellent communication skills and experience in helpdesk and customer service queries, an ability to communicate confidently and courteously
- Strong writing skills and ability to draft application forms and reports (including financial), collate data and conduct surveys
- A capacity to participate expertly in and oversee the planning and delivery of training events in various locations around the country including the annual 3-day conference
- Excellent problem-solving skills and contract negotiation skills
- Capacity to work with members who have roles within the Union such as Officers and Tutors
- Strong organisational, project management and IT skills
- Commitment and a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively and to support the work of colleagues
- An appreciation of the importance of delivering the highest standards of services and supports to members, and
- Competency in using the platforms Moodle, Tito, Survey Monkey and Filemaker Pro is desirable.