Reed Hospitality are delighted to be assisting our client in their current search for an experienced and driven Deputy General Manager for their extremely busy city centre cinema
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Cinema Managers
The key focus of this role is to deliver the vision for the customer experience by ensuring fantastic delivery of the customer journey through your cinema team
Responsible for delivering the operational running of the cinema on a day to day basis ensuring your management team are developed and equipped to deliver their role.
• Deputise for the General Manager
• Create and drive your own development opportunities
• Working in partnership with the General Manager, responsible for all recruitment, development and management of the cinema team, with particular responsibility for your direct reports
• Complete ad-hoc project work as required
• Perform the role of duty manager on a regular basis
• Ensure effective delivery of the Balanced Score Card elements
• Ensure regular rotation of responsibilities in your management and supervisor team
• Use effective communication methods to create an environment where high performance can be developed and maximised
• Implement, deliver and achieve the business objectives through your management team
• Recruit, train, develop and manage performance of Supervisors and Team Members through your management team
• Review progress of own, and teams, objectives and take necessary action to ensure delivery
• Hold monthly one to one’s with direct reports with a focus on setting expectations and coaching to ensure that the highest standards of performance are delivered
• Support the delivery of regular team meetings with all cinema employees to ensure that the team is engaged, has a clear understanding of the vision and understands key communications.
• Deliver high levels of operational excellence to drive an improved customer experience
• Deliver business initiatives into the business ensuring their success
• Key focus on ensuring film programming and staff scheduling is optimised to exploit all business opportunities
• Ensure the H&S and well being off all staff and customers is to expected business standards
• Ensure all business policies and procedures are followed to expected business standards
• Consistently strive to improve the customer experience in your cinema.
• Empower teams to resolve any customer queries and give support, where required, to resolve high levels complaints.
• Engage with customers by being visible and responding to their needs
• Ensure the highest levels of Audio Visual presentation are maintained
• Analyse all revenue opportunities and respond accordingly to ensure they are maximised
• Deliver budgeted cost lines.
• Proven experience of coaching and managing a team
• Customer facing industry experience
• Proven track record of delivering Operational Excellence
• Managing Performance and setting expectations with managers and team members
• Experience of managing building maintenance
• Knowledge of Film
• IT Literate (Microsoft Office suite, industry bespoke software)
• Significant knowledge of Audio Visual presentation
• P&L management
• Have, or has held, DPS licence
If this role sounds suited to you or if you wish to know more, please contact Luke or confidentially apply here