We are assisting our client, based in Dublin 11, to recruit for a Accountant. You will be responsible for managing the full finance function for the company. This role will involve all aspects of the finance function from day to day activities and accounts preparation to management reporting.
This role will report to the MD
Duties in the role:
- Processing of all accounts payable, accounts receivable, staff expenses and bank transactions, along with managing each area
- Payroll: Monthly payroll including commission calculation
- Management accounts: Preparation of the monthly accounts
- Month end postings- accruals, prepayments, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Cashflow: Weekly cashflow management
- Manage invoices and payments for each project, including variations; calculate margin on each project as it is completed.
- Ensure that all documentation required by Revenue and other government bodies are completed and filed on a timely basis- VAT, P30, RCT, VIES, Intrastat
- Credit control
- Management: Liaising with management team on key business decisions when needed
- Manage all insurances for the company; negotiate best premiums and coverage; process claims as necessary
- HR: Preparing staff contracts and managing all HR files
- Manage all facilities, equipment and supporting services, including IT, telecommunications,
- furnishings and supplies. Select systems and vendors; maintain working relationships with same.
- Perform other tasks that may be reasonably requested in support of overall goals
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
Third level qualification in finance or business
3-5 years’ experience in a similar position running the day-to-day finance operations
Knowledge of Sage 50 would be beneficial
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
Conscientious and thorough, with strong attention to detail
Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills